Wednesday, December 27, 2006

"How did I look? You looked happy. Happy with a secret."

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
JOEL: [In the house on the beach] I really should go! I've gotta catch my ride.
CLEMENTINE: So go.
JOEL: I did. I thought maybe you were a nut... but you were exciting.
CLEMENTINE: I wish you had stayed.
JOEL: I wish I had stayed to. NOW I wish I had stayed. I wish I had done a lot of things. I wish I had... I wish I had stayed. I do.
CLEMENTINE: Well I came back downstairs and you were gone!
JOEL: I walked out, I walked out the door!
CLEMENTINE: Why?
JOEL: I don't know. I felt like I was a scared little kid, I was like... it was above my head, I don't know.
CLEMENTINE: You were scared?
JOEL: Yeah. I thought you knew that about me. I ran back to the bonfire, trying to outrun my humiliation.
CLEMENTINE: Was it something I said?
JOEL: Yeah, you said "so go." With such disdain, you know?
CLEMENTINE: Oh, I'm sorry.
JOEL: It's okay.
[Walking Out]
CLEMENTINE: Joely? What if you stayed this time?
JOEL: I walked out the door. There's no memory left.
CLEMENTINE: Come back and make up a good-bye at least. Let's pretend we had one.
[Joel comes back]
CLEMENTINE: Bye Joel.
JOEL: I love you...
CLEMENTINE: Meet me... in Montauk...

Beck - Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime (mp3)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um dos meus filmes preferidos de sempre...

Ass:S.

bolacha said...

não havia last minutes para montauk?

andre said...

one of our favorite movies

André e Paula

Joni said...

Nem me despedi como deve ser de ti... vai dizendo coisas e conta comigo lá para Março.

Abraço e beijo, vão aparecendo por aqui.